Here is how I conquered my organizing nightmare and how you can tame your electronics:
1. Start with nothing. I often start small organizing projects (that I know I'll finish in a day!) from scratch. So, I emptied the entire drawer and went down the project rabbit hole.
2. Group like items. For me this meant collecting USB drives (apparently we have about 20 -- I had no idea!), batteries, chargers, connectors, and unidentifiable doodads. If you have the patience, I highly recommend putting items with their corresponding cables and components -- adding the owner's manuals is extra credit.
3. Contain yourself. There's no point in organizing items if you don't have a designated place to put them. The best way to do this is to create a place. I bought inexpensive ($3-5) plastic containers of various sizes with lids from Home Goods.
4. Label everything. I grabbed my p-touch and went to town labeling all the containers.
5. Hide it away. Here's the hard part, you have to put your masterpiece away. No one will know it's there but you. But, the best part is that you'll be able to find everything you need when you need it and that's just awesome!